Bomb blasts in Maiduguri, 24hrs after Gov. Zulum's convoy was attacked
Bomb blasts have rocked the Maiduguri metropolis the capital city of Borno state just within 24hrs after Bokoharam attacked Gov. Zulum's convoy.
It was reported that no fewer than two persons had been confirmed dead and 16 others fatally injured.
A source said that the terrorists' attack occurred as Muslim faithful in the town were still preparing for Friday's Eid-el-Kabir festival.
The loud explosions sent many residents scampering for safety.
It was gathered that the bomb blasts were rocketed at innocent civilians in Gwange, Customs Area near Mansur Motors, and Marri, all in Maiduguri metropolis.
The Explosive Ordinance Detection, EOD, unit of the Police had moved to the areas to investigate the incidents and to determine whether it was an Improvised Explosive Device, IED.
Meanwhile, the Borno Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Aliyu, said the actual cause of the explosions was yet to be ascertained, as Police teams had been dispatched to the areas.
Members of security and response agencies, including the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA; Army, Police, Rapid Response Squad, Civilian Joint Task Force, CJTF, and Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, have also moved to the scene to restore normalcy.
It was in the same state that Bokoharam attacked Gov Zulum's convoy and left many injured. In not more than 24hrs, the state has witnessed yet another terrific event.
Share With Friends