Federal Government 2021/2022 BEA scholarship awards
The Federal Government of Nigeria, through its Minister of Education (HME), Honourable Mallam Adamu Adamu, is inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards.
Stipulated Countries for the Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards
- For undergraduate studies, the countries are Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia.
- For postgraduate studies, the countries are Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
Eligibility for the Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards
Below are the eligibility criteria for participation in the Bilateral Education Agreement Awards.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Studies
- For undergraduate degree studies, all applicants must have a minimum of Five distinctions such as As and Bs in the WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) in relevant fields of study, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidate's certificates should be at least two years old for Non-African Countries, and for African countries, only one year is accepted.
- Candidates' required age limit is from 18 to 21 years of age.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Studies
- All postgraduate degree applicants must have a first degree with 1st class or at least 2nd class upper division.
- Candidates that are previous recipients of foreign awards must have gained at least two years of post-qualification experience or employment practise in Nigeria.
- Interested candidates must have completed his or her N.Y.S.C. Programme.
- The age limit is 35 years for masters and 40 years for PhD.
- Candidates must have evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Method of Application for the Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards
All eligible candidates are advised to follow the step below listed by the Federal Government of Nigeria:
- Visit the Federal Ministry of Education’s website.
- On the home page, click on Federal Scholarship Board.
- Read guidelines and then fill in the application form carefully.
- Print the examination slip.
Double entries during the application process will be disqualified!
Fields of Studies for the Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards
- Studies for the undergraduate level are Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited).
- For the Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD), all fields are open for studies.
General Information for all Applicants
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice, which will be the standard medium of instruction.
- Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics.
- The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC. No other certificate is accepted.
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website that will hopefully be opened between October and November 2020, complete the application form online, print the completed form and bring it to the interview venue in addition to the first print out from the normal application process.
- All applicants for the Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia.
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online.
- Serbian undergraduate scholarship's duration is Eight (8) years of general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
NB: Any nominated candidates would be required to submit the following to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Data page of the current International passport
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.