ZMT DAAD doctoral scholarship 2021/2022
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, ZMT 2021/2022 doctoral scholarship programme for Sub-Sahara Africa.
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, ZMT, is inviting scholars from sub-Sahara Africa for 2021/2022 ZMT 'S DAAD doctoral scholarship programme.
According to Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, ZMT, the deadline for the registration of the 2021/2022 ZMT'S DAAD doctoral scholarship is Sunday, December 20 2020.
ZMT is offering two doctoral scholarship programme in 2021 and an additional two doctoral scholarships in 2022.
The ZMT DAAD scholarship programme is aimed to carry out a research topic on “Adaptation of marine socio-ecological systems to changing environments” with different disciplinary approaches which are aimed to balance the negative global, regional and local environmental changes.
ZMT strives to increase women's proportion in research and encourages females to apply for the ZMT'S DAAD scholarship programme.
ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility
For a scholar to apply for ZMT'S DAAD doctoral scholarship programme, they must meet up the following criteria.
- Applicants need to originate from Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Applicant must hold a university degree.
- Applicant's last final exam (Master’s degree or equivalent) must be no longer than six years ago.
- When DAAD receives the nomination letter (March 2021), applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months before the nomination.
International degrees must be equivalent to German Diplom, Magister or Master
ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship Benefits
The benefit of ZMT'S DAAD scholarship award for nominated scholars are:
- A scholarship instalment of currently €1,200 per month.
- Travel allowance.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- A research allowance of currently €460 per year.
- A preparatory intensive German language course starting in Summer 2021.
- Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive a monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about €200 child allowance per child and about €275 marriage allowance).
- Research stays abroad are possible if they do not take longer than 25% of the scholarship period.
Method of Application for ZMT DAAD Doctoral Scholarship
- The requirements for the application for ZMT'S DAAD scholarship includes Personal details, your CV (max 2 pages)
- The Concept of your doctoral project must be related to the above-mentioned topic in a maximum of two pages.
- This concept has to be discussed and approved by a ZMT workgroup leader before submitting it.
- Applicants must obtain a letter of support from the ZMT workgroup leader, letter of Reference from 2 referees.
- He or she must also obtain a letter of motivation (Why would you like to pursue a doctoral project at ZMT? Why do you think the suggested working groups could fit your interests?) in a maximum of one page.
- After a pre-selection based on the written application, potential candidates will have the opportunity to submit a 5-10-page project proposal and present their project to a ZMT selection committee in a video interview.
- ZMT will nominate selected candidates to the DAAD for the scholarship. A formal DAAD application needs to be submitted by the nominated candidates.
Share With Friends