Federal Government 2022/2021 BEA scholarship award
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu is inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards.
Stipulated Countries for the BEA Scholarship Awards
- For undergraduate studies, the countries are Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia.
- For postgraduate studies, the countries are Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea.
Eligibility for the BEA Scholarship Awards
Below are the eligibility criteria for participation in the Bilateral Education Agreement Awards.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Studies
- For undergraduate degree studies all applicants must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only.
- The age limit for applicants is from 18 to 21 years of age.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Studies
- All applicants for postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- Applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience, or employment practise in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme, and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Method of Application for the BEA Scholarship Awards
All eligible candidates are advised to follow the step below listed by the Federal Government of Nigeria:
- Visit the Federal Ministry of Education’s website.
- Click on Federal Scholarship Board icon on the Home Page.
- Read guidelines and then complete the application form online.
- Print the examination slip.
Double entries during the application process will be disqualified!
Fields of Studies for the BEA Scholarship Awards
- The fields of studies for the undergraduate level are Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited).
- For Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) all fields are open for studies.
General Information for all Applicants
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice, which will be the standard medium of instruction.
- Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics.
- The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted.
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website that will hopefully be opened between October and November 2020, complete the application form online, print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to the first print out from the normal application process.
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia.
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online.
- The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
NB:Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Data page of the current International passport
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Share With Friends