Federal Government of Nigeria 2021/2022 local scholarship awards
The Federal Government of Nigeria through its Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu is inviting interested and qualified candidates in Nigeria to its 2021/2022 Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government local scholarship Awards.
Eligibility for the Application for the FG Local Awards
According to the Ministry of Education, candidates must reach the following criteria to qualify for the scholarship:
- Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division.
- Applicant must be registered Full-Time students of Federal or State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education.
- All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
Courses considered for the Scholarship Awards
The courses that are offered for the scholarship awards are below as listed by the Ministry of Education:
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Environmental Sciences
Method of Application for the Scholarship Awards
Interested candidates should follow the procedure below to register for the award:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website and click on Federal Scholarship Board Icon on the Home Page.
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy: I. Letter of Admission to the Institution ii. Current Course Registration Form iii.CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc. iv. Current School’s Identity Card v. Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government vi. Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
- Complete form online
- Submit and Print a copy
During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them.
- Choice of programme preferred in order of priority.
- The registration portal will be closed on Friday 6th December 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Official phone numbers/email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further Technical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
Time for the Scholarship Examination
According to the Federal Ministry of Education, the time for the Scholarship Examination is 09:00 AM daily.
Candidates are advised to choose a Centre very close to them
This particular application does not attract any processing fee. There fore be aware of fraudsters
Additional information about the Federal Government local scholarship award:
- The scholarship award shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
- The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of (I.) Institutional charges and (ii.) For Personal maintenance.
Share With Friends