7 basic tips for a healthier living
In the world today, a lot is going on, ranging from global warming, deforestation, pandemics and disease outbreaks. There is also a need for man to make do with the available resources to cater to human wants.
There are times when these resources might not be readily available, and they might be substituted with the available ones who might not necessarily be the best. These sometimes pose a lot of health challenges. These challenges can be countered by maintaining a healthy life. Certain steps must be followed to maintain a healthy life. Here are 7 basic tips to help one maintain a healthier lifestyle:
- Eat healthy diets: Drink a lot of water daily. Avoid soda and junk foods. Substitute with a lot of fruits and vegetables. You can also try eating spinach. It is one of the healthiest vegetables known to man.
- Exercise regularly: The importance of exercise can never be overemphasised. It has a lot of tremendous health benefits which includes an increase in lifespan, lowering the risk of diseases, higher bone density, and weight loss.
- Maintain healthy body weight.
- Minimize alcohol consumption: Alcohol is a diuretic, which means it drains water from your body. Not only that, but alcohol is repeatedly proven to have negative effects on our body and health. It impairs the brain, liver, lungs and other organs in the body.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking is hazardous to health. It increases the risk of lung cancer, kidney cancer, oesophagal cancer (of our gullet), heart attack, and more. Also, passive smoking (Second-hand smoking, breathing in air from smokers) poses as much side effects as smoking itself.
- Get adequate sleep: When you don’t rest well, you compensate by eating more. Usually, it’s junk food. Also, lack of sleep causes premature ageing.
- Go for medical check-ups at least once every 6 months.