You will like this easy recipe for Zobo drink; the recipe makes an incredibly healthy and refreshing drink.
This is the reason the Zobo drink is so popular lately.
With its lovely characteristic deep red colour, it is consumed and loved all over the world, both for its irresistible flavour and for its health benefits! And you can make it at home, which is always a bonus.
You can also read about the health benefits of the Zobo drink on Clacified.
Follow the procedure below to see how to prepare or make a Zobo drink.
Ingredients for Zobo Drink
To prepare a Zobo drink, you will need a few ingredients; the ingredients needed to prepare a Zobo drink are relatively cheap and can be bought in any marketplace.
You will need the ingredients below to prepare a Zobo drink:
- 2 (De Rica) cups of dry zobo leaves
- 2 tablespoons of cloves (konafuru)
- 2 stumps fresh ginger
- 1 big ripe pineapple (not compulsory)
- Slices of citrus fruits of your choice: orange, lemon, lime – to garnish (not compulsory)
You may add artificial flavours and sweeteners such as Nutri-C and sugar if you wish.
Before preparing your Zobo drink:
- Rinse out the dust from the zobo leaves with cold water.
- Grind the cloves into a powder.
- Wash and peel the skin of the ginger and blend roughly.
- Wash, peel and cut the pineapple into thin slices.
Easy Steps on How to make Zobo drink
Zobo drink is such a delicious and affordable drink. The good thing about making a Zobo drink is that it is easy.
The ingredients needed to make a Zobo drink are readily available and cheap. You can follow the instruction below to learn more about how to make a zobo drink.
To make your Zobo drink, there are two basic procedure involved as listed below:
Step 1 on how to make Zobo drink
In a pot, add the washed zobo leaves and pour enough water to cover them totally. Cook on medium heat and leave to boil for a few minutes.
- Then you add the ginger and the garlic, add more water and keep boiling for at least 30 minutes. This equals the time it will take for the zobo leaves to be completely soft.
- After you have boiled the Zobo leaves with water, garlic and ginger, turn off the heat and set them aside to cool off completely.
Step 2 on how to make Zobo drink
Now that you have boiled the Zobo leaves:
- Blend your pineapples while your zobo cools.
- When cool, sieve out the zobo leaves. Then pour the juice through a chiffon cloth to sieve out tiny particles and leave only a smooth juice.
- Add the pineapple juice. You can sieve it through the chiffon cloth again to make sure there are no particles left.
- Add any artificial flavours of your choice at this time and stir.
- Pour into bottles and refrigerate.
- Serve with ice and sliced fruits.
- Enjoy it alone or with a snack.
Was the article useful?; Please use the comment section to give us feedback.