Sanwo-Olu denies ordering the switching off of Lekki billboard light

Sanwo-Olu speaks out about swiching of Lekki billboard light
ES
Ernest Sunday

The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has stepped up to deny ordering the switching off of the Lekki toll gate billboard light during the open fire on EndSARS peaceful protesters on Tuesday night by the Nigerian Army.

According to Sanwo-Olu he never ordered for the switching off of the Lekki billboard light. He said he has not spoken to the owner of the billboard light company for over a week.

He further said that the owner has spoken on the reason they switched off the light and he believes they have given the reason for their action.

Clacified reported earlier that the owner of the Lekki billboard light in Lagos opened up on the reason they switch the billboard light off during the open fire on peaceful EndSARS protesters by the Nigerian Army.

Sanwo-Olu also denied that they did not remove the CCTV camera at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos and it is still there for security investigation.

“Nobody ordered the removal of cameras at the Lekki tollgate, " he said.

"The MD of LCC said because of the curfew; they made the decision to take out installations.

"The cameras you saw are not security or motion cameras; they are laser cameras for vehicles. The security cameras are still available, and we are using them for our security investigations.”

Share With Friends