Balotelli sacked by Brescia as club Chief orders his contract termination

Former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli sacked by Brescia
ES
Ernest Sunday

Brescia has sacked former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli over a bust-up with the president.

The 29-year-old striker who joined his home club last year on a three-year contract fell out with the club president after refusing to attend training for over ten days after coronavirus lockdown was eased. He was said to be complaining of stomach issues while he was spotted training alone.

Balotelli, who still has two=year contract with Brescia, is set to lose his contract at the end of 2019/2020 season. But according to a report from Football Italia, he has now been given his marching orders after missing ten days of training. La Gazzetta also claims that no legal action will take place as the agreement was reached with Balotelli's lawyers.

Balotelli returned to his home town Brescia after a long spell in the French League playing for both Nice and Marseille. Since his return, the striker has scored five goals in 19 appearances for Brescia. Earlier this season Balotelli had fallen victim of racial abuse in a match against Hellas Verona where he threatened to leave the pitch playing the ball away from the pitch when the game was ongoing although the Italian FA never fined him.

Brescia president Cellino has labelled signing of Balotelli a "mistake " Speaking to BBC's World Football programme; he said: "I think we both made a mistake.

"I thought that coming to Brescia, which is his town, would commit him very much.

"At the same, I think he was handled the wrong way by my previous coach [Eugenio Corini]."

He added: "He doesn't show up to training, he doesn't look very committed. Let's say, for the future of the club. That's the problem."

Share With Friends