How to check BVN; BVN USSD code for MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile
BVN was mandated by the Country’s apex bank - Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on February 14, 2014, following its establishment of a single Biometric Identification System.
The BVN is a personal security number, and it is not something one should be careless about. Your BVN should be kept private and to check your BVN, please do it secretly or personally.
You must read through the article and understand the meaning of BVN, its relevance, and why you must keep your BVN secret and safe.
What Is Bank Verification Number (BVN)?
Bank Verification Number, commonly known as BVN is a unique identification number that can be verified across all financial institutions in Nigeria. A customer’s BVN is mapped to the individual’s biological traits, namely:
- Facial photograph captured at the point of enrollment.
Benefits and uses of Bank Verification Number
- The unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all banks in Nigeria.
- BVN offers the verification and validation of the customers’ identity seamlessly across multiple electronic platforms.
- With BVN Financial institutions can track customers, especially in loan repayment.
- BVN limits Cyberfraud.
- The BVN database is searched to display relevant information about an individual; this is called the bio-data (it includes names, phone numbers, addresses, dates of birth).
- BVN helps reduce queue in Banking Halls.
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations.
How to get or Enrol for Bank Verification Number?
- Walk into any branch of your bank.
- Fill and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc.)
- An acknowledgement slip with the transaction ID is issued to you.
- Within 24hours the system confirms your application, your BVN is generated, and you receive an SMS for pickup.
More on Lifestyle:
Before you continue; this guide is valid only when the phone captured in BVN enrollment is used.
How to check/access your BVN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
No need to worry if you lost or forgot your BVN, Clacified will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to retrieve or access your BVN whenever you wish.
To check or access your BVN on MTN, 9mobile, Airtel and Glo, follow the instructions below:
- On your Mobile phone and sim card used in BVN enrollment, dial *565*0#.
- Wait until your number is displayed on the screen of your device.
- Then copy the BVN and save in a safe place.
Cost of Checking your BVN with MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile
There is a popular saying that 'Nothing goes for Nothing.'
To check or access your BVN using your mobile phone across all network like MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile cost the same amount.
You will be charged at least N20 to access or check your Bank Verification Number.
Hope the above information was useful? Drop your questions in the comment section, and we would be quick to provide more answers.
Share With Friends