How we respect your privacy
As a media publisher and platform for contributors in Africa and beyond, with vast reach, we are very conscious about this topic.
We do not compromise with your privacy.
We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We strive to be transparent in the way we process your data.
We work hard to keep your information secure.
We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
Note that: By visiting our website and any of other platforms, you are accepting the practices and terms outlined in this document.
1. Key Points
- If you permit us, we will send you news and promotional material about our Services. You can change this at any time, and we will not process your information for further direct marketing purposes, including profiling related to direct marketing.
- We provide interactive features that engage with social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and others. If you use these features, these sites will send us information about you for remarketing purposes.
- We only disclose information to our business partners or affiliates if you give us consent. At any point in time, you will be notified of this, and you can choose to opt-in or out at your own will.
- When required by law, we can disclose your information or other certain situations.
2. Information we receive
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of special features.
We only collect information that is relevant to the purpose of our platforms. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient user experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective.
2.1 Usage Information
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (examples include pages you visit, how long you stay on the website, things you search, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertisements that you click on and many others).
2.2 Device Information
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services such as browser type, operating system, device type, and IP address.
3. How we use your information
Below outlines ways we use the information we process about you:
3.1 When you signup for or subscribe to any of our services
When you signup for or subscribe to any of our services, we use or store your information for the following purposes:
- to process your registration for the Services or Offer
- to provide the services, to communicate with you about them or your account with us.
- to send you information about changes to our terms or policies
- to verify your identity.
3.2. In our third parties' legitimate interests
- to fulfil your requests and inquiries regarding the Services and to notify you if you have won a contest;
- to provide technical support for the Services;
- to analyse how you use the Services, including which videos you like to watch, and to help us develop new services; and
3.3. Where you give us consent
- to send you newsletters you have requested and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened; and
- to send you content, offers, rewards, and promotional materials, by email or on other sites, apps or social media, which may be personalized based on your visits to and use of the services and to check to see if these ads have been received and if they were of interest to you.
3.4. For purposes which are required by law:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
4.0 Cookies & Similar Tracking Technologies
We also allow third parties to use tracking technologies for similar purposes. We use tracking technologies for the following purposes:
4.1 Login Identification:
To let you log in, to ensure site security and to provide shopping cart functionality. Without this type of technology, our Services won't work properly or won't be able to provide certain features and functionalities.
4.2 Performance purposes
To analyse how visitors use our website, for instance, which pages visitors visit most often, to provide a better user experience. We also use this technology to check if you have opened our emails, so we can see if they are being delivered correctly and are of interest.
4.3 Personalisation purposes
To remember choices you have made -- such as language options or region.
4.4 Advertising cookies
To limit the number of times you see an advertisement, or to customise advertising across Services and make it more relevant to you and to allow us to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and track whether ads have been properly displayed.
4.5 Social media cookies
Cookies are used by social media services to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. These cookies may track your browser across other sites and build a profile of your interests, which may impact the content and messages you see on other websites that you visit.
4.2 Third-party Cookies
below is a list of third-party cookies currently in use in our platforms.
- Facebook Pixel: Part of our analytics tools also includes Facebook pixel. This helps us in our marketing processes, to understand the usage trends coming from our Facebook community.
- Twitter Conversion Tracker: Part of our analytics tools also includes Twitter Conversion Tracking cookie. This helps us in our marketing processes, too, to understand the usage trends coming from our Twitter community.
- Google Ads: Clacified displays personalised advertisements from Google advertising network. Part of this process includes the setting of cookies within your browser for a personalised ad experience. For more information on Google's terms, policies and how it collects usage metrics for ads servicing, check this How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.
5. With Your Consent
Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt-out to prevent the sharing of this information.
7. Your Rights & our Contact
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your Information, to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your Information; and to obtain the Information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format, and to ask us to share this information to another controller.
For all claims or enquiries regarding your privacy, please contact us at the following email