Davido Biography, Networth, Awards and Cars
David Adedeji Adeleke is an American-born Nigerian singer-songwriter and a recording producer. He is popularly known as Davido, Baddest, and ‘Omo Baba Olowo’ (OBO) after his debut studio album.
David Adedeji Adeleke
Date and place of birth
November 21, 1992 (age 27) Atlanta,Georgia, U.S.A
3 (Aurora, Hailey and Ifeanyi David Adeleke)
Present record labels
Sony, Radio corporation of america (RCA), Davdo music worldwide (DMW).
25 million dollars
Davido performing at the 2020 Lagos City Marathon gala
David began his music career at the Oakwood University and after that rose to stardom after releasing his second single 'Dami Duro'. In 2017, Davido received the MOBO Awards as the Best African Acts and became the first African to perform live at the awards.
The following year, he became the first African-based artist to receive the BET Awards on its main stage.
Currently, Davido is in a relationship with Chioma Avril Rowland. He is also the father of two daughters namely, Aurora Imade Adeleke and Hailey Veronica Adeleke and a son Ifeanyi David Adedeji Adeleke.
David Adeleke was born on Nov. 21, 1992, in Atlanta, Georgia, US, to Adedeji Adeleke and Vero Adeleke as the last child of five. His father, Adedeji Adeleke is a Nigerian business magnate and his late mother Vero, a University Lecturer.
Davido attended British International School, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, and moved to Oakwood University, Huntsville, Alabama, to study Business Administration.
While at Oakwood University, due to his musical interest, he got some musical equipment so he could make beats and record vocal references. At a point, he dropped out because of his grades and after that relocated to Nigeria.
In 2011, he relocated to promote his career in music but encountered hurdles convincing his father. In his family, the children are expected to join the family business after school, but Davido chose a different path.
After mutual agreement with his father, he enrolled into Babcock University, Ogun state and finally graduated in 2015.
Before ‘Dami Duro’, Davido released his first single ‘Back When’ featuring Naeto C. Clarence Peters shot it in London and on Oct.30, 2011, he released ‘Dami Duro’. He co-produced the single with Shizzi which was shot by Clarence, this time, in Lagos.
The song Dami Duro came with a fantastic video in Jan. 2012, and it became the talk of the town with frequent airplay by the media.
Omo Baba Olowo (OBO)
He released his debut studio album on July 17, 2012, Omo Baba Olowo (Child of a Wealthy Person) under HKN Music Record Label. Davido was the executive producer of OBO and worked with other producers like Jay Sleek, Spellz, Maleek Berry, and others.
It featured popular musicians like Sina Rambo, Ice Prince, Kay Switch, B-Red, 2 Face and Naeto C. as a guest.
O.B.O has seven singles – Back When (2011), Dami Duro (2011), Ekuro (2012), Overseas (2012), All Of You (2012), Gbon Gbon (2012) and Fell Alright (2012). The first four singles were released prior to the album.
Omo Baba Olowo incorporates afro-pop and afrobeat sounds with hip hop. It won the Best R&B/Pop Album at the Headies 2013.
In 2013, his songs were one of a kind, Gobe, and Skelewu.
2014 – Aye, and Tchlete (Goodlife) featuring Mafikizolo.
In 2015 – Dodo, The money featuring Olamide, Owonikoko, Fans Mi featuring Meek Mill, and The Sound featuring Uhuru and DJ Buckz.
He released his second album Son of Mercy, EP in Oct. 2016. The album featured Simi, Nasty C, and Tinashe. Its singles are Gbagbe Oshi, Maga 2 Mugu, Coolest Kid in Africa, Return and How Long.
Davido released If, Fall, Pere, Fia, and Like dat in 2017.
In 2018, his songs include Flora my flawa, Assurance, Nwa Baby and Wonder Woman.
Interview: How it all started
Someone might be wondering what the source of Davido's wealth is? Apart from coming from a wealthy family, Davido also has some houses in Nigeria and the US.
The young music star has signed some endorsement deals, and he is a brand ambassador to AXE, Travelbeta and some prominent companies like Pepsi, MTN etc.
On April 6, 2012, Davido was reported to have signed an endorsement deal worth of N30 million with MTN, the largest mobile network in Africa. He was unveiled as the face of MTN Pulse, a marketing campaign for youths in Nigeria.
On October 24, 2013, he was also endorsed by Guinness Nigeria where he performed in the company's 'World of More Concert', alongside other top Nigerian Music Artiste like Olamide, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, D'banj and many more.
On May 9, 2018, he was announced to have signed an endorsement deal with Infinix mobile, a Hong-Kong based smartphone manufacturer.
Davido co-founded HKN Music with his elder brother, Adewale Adeleke. Today, the record label is home to many artists. He has also produced for numerous artists like Skales, Tiwa Savage, Naeto C and many more.
Davido Music WorldWide
Davido founded his music label DMW, in 2016. He founded it shortly after signing up with Sony Music. Several top musicians signed under the label imprint. Some of them include Teli, Peruzzi, Mayorkun, Dremo and others.
Davido's Net Worth
According to naijanews.com, as of February 2019, the Afrobeat singer's net worth is $25 million.
Some stage performances
Lifestyle in pictures and videos
Davido Awards and Recognitions
- Best Newcomer Award, Kora Awards, 2012
- Best International Act: Africa, BET Awards, 2014
- Promising Youth Artist, Dynamix All Youth, 2011
- Best Male West African, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Artists of the Year, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Best Male Artiste of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014
- African Artiste of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2014
- Musician of the Year (Male), City People Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2018
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2014
- Hip Hop World Revelation, The Headies, 2013
- Next Rated, The Headies, 2012
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
Song Awards and Recognitions
- Music Video of the Year' Aye' Ben TV Awards, 2014
- Song of the Year, 'Back When' Dynamix Youth, 2011
- Most Gifted Newcomer Video of the Year, 'Dami Duro' Channel O Music Video Awards, 2012
- Best Afro Pop Video 'Aye' Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2014
- Song of the Year' Aye' The Headies 2014
- Song of the Year and Best Pop Single, 'If' The Headies 2018
- Best R&B/Pop Album 'Omo Baba Olowo', The Headies 2013
- Hottest Single of the Year' Dami Duro' Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2012
- Best Collaboration 'Gallardo' Runtown featured Davido, Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Hottest Single of the Year, 'Aye' Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Best Collabo of the Year 'Carolina' Saucekid featured Davido, 2012
- Best Video by a New Artist (Live beats Choice) 'Dami Duro' Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2012
Share With Friends